Friday, January 6, 2012

Passionate Painting

It has been such a long time since I last blogged. So much has happened/is happening. I am deep now into my Creative Goddess e-course and I am loving it! 

Our first project was to create a painting using objects from outside. Our next project was to make an arrow out of objects from outside and decorate it with objects from inside our house which were meaningful to us. Let's see, the 3rd project was based on a creating a Healing type of artwork. The 4th project is making a shield which represents our own power and we could make this any way we wanted to. That is currently where I am at, still making my shield. I chose painting. 

Painting has become important to me. I am passionately delving into a medium I have not really tried before.  I am having fun doing this and learning about the process. In order to do this properly I bought an easel, acrylic paints, brushes, and canvas. Let's just say these were early Christmas presents to myself.

I know why I like painting - it's the colors. Passionate play in so many different colors! The bright oranges, the bright and deep yellows, the reds, and various shades of pink and purple and blue and green. Oh, and glitter paints! Can I say girly-girl? The texture of these paints is amazing - it really is creamy like the tubes say.  

This creative course is wonderful because nothing has to be perfect. There is not a special technique for painting or creating any other project. What ever you make is good and it is what you are supposed to make. Goddess Leonie says artistic work is intuitive and so you can never do it wrong. There is such a relief, and such freedom in those words. It is like being a kid again. Playing again for as long as you want. 

Passionate play and passionate painting just two things I am truly passionate about. 


Life is about passion and soul! Find your purpose and you will find your passion! Til next time - take care! 

Shazza






No comments:

Post a Comment